Janet D. Madison
Janet Madison graduated from Louisiana State University in 2007 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and a minor in Sociology. She earned her Juris Doctor from Southern University Law Center in 2016, graduating magna cum laude in the top 10 percent of her class. While attending Southern University Law Center, Janet served as a member of the Southern University Moot Court Board and Law Review, and as a teaching assistant for several courses.
While in law school, Janet clerked for the Honorable Judge Fredericka H. Wicker on the Louisiana Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, the New Orleans City Attorney’s Office, and the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Louisiana. She is licensed to practice law in all Louisiana state courts and the Western District of Louisiana (federal court).
Associations & Community Involvement
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association
- Louis A. Martinet Legal Society
- Louisiana State Bar Association Criminal Justice Committee
- Southwest Louisiana Young Lawyers Board (2018 - 2020)
- National Black Lawyers - Top 40 Under 40
- Southern University Law Center, magna cum laude, 2016
- Louisiana State University, 2007